Will it, won’t it? 8 activities that will/might/won’t happen this weekend #lamepost #emptythoughts
I started working a full time job earlier this month after a gap of very many years. I had been busy all this while doing all sorts of paid and unpaid work with flexible timings, but this was going to be a very different deal! Even though I’ve adjusted to ‘the grind’ well enough, I’m really excited about a 5-day break coming up starting tomorrow, bringing in a season of festivals and festivities in India.
So on my last working afternoon before this break, I’m dreaming up all the stuff I will do, and simultaneously wondering how many of them are actually likely to happen! Thought I’d share the list and the thoughts…..
- Calling my kids’ school friends over for a day spend: Will happen. You DO NOT go back on an offer you’ve made your kids, especially if you’ve recently started spending entire days and evenings and sometimes half the night away from home!
- Football mum: Ferrying the kiddos around is part of the weekend drill. Not really complaining!
- Catching up with my besties: Will happen. It’s my only means to sanity and this is not about choice! Shout out to those two, you know who you are…
- Dancing: Am hoping to put in extra sessions of kathak in preparation for our show in January, but will likely get in only a couple the way things are
- Baking/Cooking: Sigh! The stuff I dream of but never find time to do, I guess I need to find a way to prioritize this
- Pampering myself at the salon: The things that MUST happen will happen, but for the rest I’m not terribly optimistic!
- Catching a movie: Where’s the time slot for that? There must be one, there must be one……missing Rahul, partner in crime and another crazy creature who drags us to the movies no matter what!
- Sleep in: Another one those things I need to do and must do, but don’t ever really end up doing.
Clearly, the kids prevail and I have a strange set of priorities. But that’s how it goes folks! Signing off now and entering vacation zone…
Posted on October 1, 2014, in Personal and tagged mommyhood, my life. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment